As obvious from the name, a Time Tracking Spreadsheet is a document that tracks time. What kind of a document? Well, that’s where the word Spreadsheet comes in.
Spreadsheet refers to an electronic document which may have rows and columns. Moreover, these rows and columns help to manipulate data. The sheets featured in Microsoft Excel are the most generic example.
Firstly, you may have an initial idea that there exists a hard rule for formally tracking time in working facilities. That my friend, may or not be true.
The factors that bring a Time Tracking Spreadsheet to life purely are individual in nature. What do I mean by that? Well, I have seen firms tracking working hours for their employees but I’ve also seen the counter-argument prevailing.
I know people, not very highly social, who like to get up in the morning and keep track of their whole days. Hence, time tracking is purely a requirement based attribute.
How Can I Make My Own Time Tracking Spreadsheet?
As I have mentioned above, Microsoft Excel has ideal attributes to create a Time Tracking Spreadsheet. However, if you’re a programmer, you may be able to design your own software that revolves around your requirements.
Following are some steps that may guide you to create your own time tracking spreadsheet for counting work hours:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Excel and open it.
- You will see named rows on the left as English Alphabets with numerous columns in front of the alphabet. Similarly, the columns have a name as “Row name + Column Number” i.e. A1, A2, A3, etc.
- You may name one column as “Begin Time” and a second column as “End Time”. Use another third column as “Total Working Hours”. In its definition, you may subtract the “Starting Time” from “Ending Time”.
- This will give you Total Working Hours in the 3rd column.
However, I will suggest you use already existing templates that are available on the internet.
For example, there may be a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet template available on the internet which manipulates data in a way similar to the following:
Benefits of Time Tracking Spreadsheet
Studies prove that time tracking, in general, have the following benefits but they’re not limited to:
- Sense of contentment.
- Better and efficient use of time.
- More work is done in a short period.
- Timeline of work history.
However, with spreadsheets use in our daily lives, there’s no need to calculate data manually. This attribute not only makes calculations easier but it also saves more time and consequently, gets more work done.
Download Free Time Tracking Spreadsheet
All in all, the conclusion you may take away is that time tracking spreadsheet promote efficient and healthier use of time. One can find a suitable Microsoft Excel template on the internet and edit it later to match one’s set of requirements.
Freelancers, YouTubers, businessmen and even students from all over the world use Time Tracking Spreadsheet to get the most out of their days.